English to Arabic International Development Translation
Since 2017, I have been working with INGOs directly and through translation agencies on projects relevant to international sustainable development. In view of my legal and economic background, my areas of interest and expertise lie in “Gender Equality” and “Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions” goals.
I provide translation from English to Arabic and Arabic copy-editing/content writing in relation to the following topics:
- Equal rights to economic resources;
- Gender equality and women political empowerment;
- Equal access to technology and meaningful connection;
- Violence against women in politics and in the public spheres;
- Child protection from early marriage, forced marriage and sexual exploitation;
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR).
Peace, justice and strong institutions
- Protection of children from abuse, exploitation, trafficking and violence;
- Child protection in humanitarian action;
- Promotion of equal access to justice;
- Development of effective, accountable and transparent institutions;
- Strengthening global governance;
- Safeguarding public access to information;
- Enforcement of non-discriminatory laws and policies.
The documents I translate or edit include reports, research papers and publications relevant to international development projects in the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region. To deliver quality work, both translation and editing require:
- Specialised language usage;
- Good understanding of the development context;
- Use of industry-standard style guides or in-house guidelines provided by clients;
- Terminology management for consistency;
- Research and reading of reference materials;
- Quality assurance processes.
Therefore, I take the time to work on details and create value for my clients. I also find pleasure in working on such kind of meaningful projects that have positive impact on others.
With her professional and very personable style, Farah helped Crowdynews integrating support for the Arabic language and gave us insight into the MENA news media market. Our technology operates on natural language processing algorithms and for Arabic we needed not only a native speaker, but somebody with an in-depth understanding of linguistics and with a knowledge of different Arabic dialects. Farah provided high quality, accurate translation with a fast turnaround times and was the perfect match for this role.
I had very positive experiences with Farah’s translation services. Farah was of great help to my legal firm when I needed the translation into English of some legal documents. I truly recommend her as a qualified professional. She is combining very good quality with very good service. So, if you need a high quality, accurate translation ask Farah. She will not let you down.
During her time at ARTOC Farah was responsible for the interface with the Egyptian media and weekly press releases in Arabic & English. ARTOC Group executes several landmark projects in the field of real estate, engineering, automotive, innovation and technology. We require daily translations from English to Arabic and Farah’s linguistic skills combined with her resilience enabled her to deliver high quality translations and meet the tightest deadlines.
Farah and I attended many media briefings together in Cairo and I always admired her ability to translate complex briefings from Arabic into English. I highly recommend her services, as I found her very efficient, accurate, friendly and very fast.
Farah was my colleague whilst working for British American Tobacco in Cairo, Egypt. Cairo was the Area Headquarter for North Africa, and Farah’s fluency in Arabic, English and French was recognized as a great asset by both management and colleagues. Due to the nature of the organisation, our corporate translations are often highly specialised in legal, finance, marketing and media, and it is in this kind of translations where Farah has proven the type of professional she is: meticulous, dedicated and with a passion for a job well done.